- NEXT CALL FOR PROJECTS : MAY 7TH 2012 -
DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS : AUGUST 5TH 2012
OPERATION 2012 -2013
May 7th : Launch of the call for projects
August 5th : Application deadline for European artists
Early-September: Shortlisting of a dozen of creation projects on the basis of their written application
Mid-September/Mid-November: Preparation for the selection
November 12th to 16th: Selection Week in Neerpelt (Belgium) : 5 projects to be selected
Mid-November/April: Support phase (grants, residencies, mentoring)
April 2013: Public Presentations of supported projects in Paris
JEUNES TALENTS CIRQUE EUROPE
WHAT IS IT?
> An operation whose goal is to discover, accompany and support new generations of circus authors
> A platform of European partners organizing this EU-wide operation
Created in 2001, it has been supporting the emergence of contemporary circus artists,
enabling dozens of young companies to create their first shows in optimal conditions.
Support is awarded through an authorship grant, creation residencies, and networking with international performing arts professionals.
> An annual rythm to better fit the creation timetable of the artistic teams
> Supporting short-listed artists in their preparation of the selection week
> Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe remains the name of the coordinating organization
> Labs : An innovative support program focused on artistic process qualification
From May 7th, all the information on www.circusnext.eu
"Zoom sur Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe" was held in Paris from September 29th to October 16th 2011, at the Académie Fratellini, the Atelier du Plateau and the Village de Cirque (Coopérative De Rue De Cirque). About 1,200 people attended the event, which included some of the premieres of our 2009/2010 laureates (Subliminati Corporation, Babafish, Room 100, Desastronauts), performances by O Ultimo Momento, Cridacompany and Les Mains Sales, and two improvised evenings between European circus artists and musicians. Many thanks to you all!
The essential orientation and general structure of the operation are reaffirmed, and in particular the need to maintain the identification and assistance of new talent at the heart of its project.
Over the course of 2011, a series of meetings between all our European partners has been held, such as a programing of productions by laureates from previous editions, in Paris.
For 2012, JTCE will prepare a new application to the European Culture Programme, will organise two laboratories/ artistic encounters in Croatia and in Paris, and will organise an annual operation in partnership with its French and European network.
Click HERE to see the trailer
The 10 selected projects of Jeunes Talents Cirque Europe, 2009-2010 Edition :
Further information on the projects in JTCE booklet: click here
- "Aisti" - Sirkus Aikamoinen (Helsinki, Finland)
- "Bed" - Kecca Rocca (Bristol, UK)
- "Circuits fermés" - DeFracto (Île de France, France)
- "C8H11NO2" - Room 100 (Split, Croatia)
- "I, Mistress & Wife" - BabaFish (Bruxelles, Belgium)
- "Ivan Mosjoukine" - Paris (France)
- "File-Tone" - Subliminati Corporation (Toulouse/Barcelona, France/Spain)
- "Losing Grip" - Desastronauts (Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
- "Petit Mal" - Race Horse Company (Helsinki, Finland)
- "PopCorn Machine" - My! Laïka" (Toulouse, France)
In this website are all the informations regarding JTCE :
- Operation: objectives, process, schedule
- Informations on precedent editions
You can familiarise yourself with the operation, and :
- if you are artist : know if it correspond to your needs and if you can apply
- if you are a professionnal : join as one of our associated partners, if you want to be involved in one or several mission(s) of the operation.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
We support "We are more", a Europe-wide arts advocacy campaign launched byCulture Action Europe.